We made it through the 4th without a single sparkler burn. Quite an accomplishment because, sheesh those things are hot! This year we celebrated at Grandma and Grandpa McGarry's in West Jordan.
See that empty chair. That was Derrik's, because I'm not awesome enough to have figured out how to set my camera on a timer and have it take pictures, so Derrik is behind the camera. My kids adore uncle Derrik. We've all decided he is the baby and toddler whisperer of my family. All of my little ninos have loved him. So many times, if they were hurt or sad, they would just as soon go to Uncle Derrik if he was around than Tony or I.
Oh I love these little people! On a side note, if anyone ever manages to get a picture of Jace with some semblance of a normal smile on his face, I would love a copy. The stinker! He refuses to smile in my pictures!
Summer nights don't get dark until MUCH too late for this little one. His eyes were sagging down to the floor!
The one thing I did discover was how to take cool pictures with sparklers. We all managed to make a bunch of really awesome squiggles, but Kayla had it mastered with a heart.
It only took us maybe 30 tries too!
Happy Independence Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment