Ryan's preschool teacher is amazing. She has so many fun things planned for the kids. Ryan's first field trip was to the fire station. To Ryan, "fire station" was synonymous with "place of fire" and he did NOT want to go. He sat on my lap for everything and had me hold his hand as we walked around. He was sure that his surroundings were going to burst into flames at any moment no matter what I said. Poor baby was terrified!
But he would smile for pictures!
Ryan was the last to check out the fire engine, and even then I had to practically shove him up there so I could get a picture. He wouldn't let go of my hand.
I could say, "maybe he'll grow into it," but honestly that makes me nervous. I'm pretty sure there are safer professions than being a fire fighter.
The next field trip was to the pumpkin patch down the street from our house. They had it all.
A Corn Tunnel
Animals to pet and feed
A straw maze
An awesome slide
Which Ryan loved!
A fun train ride
And a hay ride with mom.
We also went to see the "Flat Stanley" play at the Scera Theater. I was surprised by how much of it Ryan understood. Kent had just gone to see it with the First Grade on a field trip, and when Ryan and Kent got home from school, they loved discussing their favorite parts. I had just thought Ryan was there for the free popcorn, but apparently not!
This isn't a field trip, but I took him to Gardner Village to see the Halloween decorations. He wouldn't let me take any pictures of him by the witches because they were WAY too scary, but I guess ducks were okay!














No comments:
Post a Comment