A little tired!
The proud husband who thought it was a little strange to be the one waiting at the finish line and the baby that provided the pregnancy pounds that inspired it all!!!
Next on our list is the school's Fun Run 1K! Both Jace and Erica ran in it. Jace took 5th in his division 2nd - 4th, and Erica was the 5th finishing girl in her division K - 1st. So proud. There were so many kids. They did awesome.
If you can see Jace's face, you'll see exactly how fast these kids were flying. He was trying HARD! You have to imagine, this is only a .6 mile race so these kids were sprinting. It was awesome! Jace must be like his daddy!
Erica held an awesome pace. She started out going the same speed as a lot of other kids, but eventually they fell back one by one going slower and slower...but not my baby! She is all determination. GO ERICA!
As you can tell, there aren't any other kids racing in the pictures even though there were at least 50 kids in each race. They weren't in the pictures because my kids were so fast and the other kids were too busy EATING THEIR DUST! WAHOO! Proud mom moment!
Now here is the big surprise! Just yesterday Jessi and I ran...............................
The Halloween Half Marathon!!!
Wahoo! I did it! Wahoo! I'm a runner! Wahoo! And I even finished ahead of my goal by almost 3 minutes. I'd even lost all hope for that goal by the time I'd finished training and realized that my long runs were never coming close to my goal time. But I managed to finish in 2:07. I ran 9:45 miles. YES!!!!!! Jessi did even better. She finished in 2:01. She's incredible! We were so excited. It was great to feel like I could do something that I never thought was even remotely possible. I didn't even need my inhaler. I haven't used it running for a least a year!
This is my great friend, Yvonne Campbell. She ran the whole way with me. It was actually fun despite the complete exaustion and stuff!
Here I am crossing the finish line. I'm the one in the front in the black. I had just turned around to smile for Tony who was trying to take a picture so I look like I'm falling over, but it's all good. I stayed upright!
Did I mention that my parents were at both of my races? It was so fun to feel so supported. They even met me at two seperate places along the half marathon route and cheered. It was so fun to see them! I have the BEST parents.
And of course my wonderful family who was waiting patiently at the finish line. What a lucky girl I am. Jace made me a trophy out of clay that he presented me with, and Erica made me a card. Tony was so excited he couldn't stop smiling and telling me how awesome I did. He is so the bestest! Good times! Is it so bad to be proud of myself?
Because I am :)
You are my hero. Congratulations! You look great!
ReplyDeleteCarrie, I am so, so, so, so, so, so proud of you! And no, it's not bad to be proud of yourself. That's a huge accomplishment! Way to go :)
ReplyDeleteWow Carrie what an inspiration you are! How fun and what an accomplishment. I know running was never easy for you so well done! I'm so jealous you did something like this! I always wanted to bike in a fun race like this...I wasn't built to run...years of soccer did that to my body. But I love the exercise high you get!!!! Way to go! I'm very impressed!
ReplyDelete