My cute little Ryan turned 2 today. It's funny to think there was ever a time where he wasn't here. I love him to pieces and wish he could stay this age forever. I love him just like this!! Here Ryan is driving his brand new "house". He calls all cars or pretty much anything with wheels "houses" for some reason, and to him, any animal is a tweet tweet. Oooh I just love him!
Some funny things about Ryan....
He is a bully!!! Who would've thought that a 25 lb 2 year old would be the terror of the nursery. He has a problem with pushing the kids down. He's so used to playing with his rough and tumble brothers that he thinks that's just what you do. We've been working on it though. So this week Ryan walked into nursery and walked up to all of the kids and said "nice" to each one. See...isn't he cute!!
Ryan is my first child that is not terrified of dogs. Somehow all of my others are absolutely petrified of them. Now that they're older, they try not to show it, but you can tell they are because whenever they see a dog walking by they are somehow right behind me just casually walking there, or suddenly decide that they need to walk very far off of the sidewalk. But Ryan, I have a hard time trying to get him not to stick his hand right into the dogs mouths. He reaches his hands into fences to try to pet them, pulls on their tails, and begs to pet everyone dog he sees.
Ryan has a bedtime song. I give all of my kids their own song that I sing to them before I put them down to bed. His is "I Know My Father Lives". Ryan now sings it with me. I sing, "I know my father lives and loves me..." Ryan sings "tooooooo". Me "the spirit whispers this to me and tells me it is..." Ryan "toooooo" Me "and tells me it is" Ryan "toooo". Every time he says "toooo" he gives me an eskimo kiss by rubbing our noses together. Needless to say I love getting him ready for bedtime and naptime. Daddy and I fight for it at night!
Ryan is also our future wrestler. Whenever he sees anyone on the ground, he yells uh, uh, twe, GO... and does as big of a sprint as his little legs can and throws himself onto them for a body slam. Then if we start yelling "get him, get him" he'll start hitting them in the belly with his little hands. I guess this is more like UFC, but we call it wrestling. It sounds better. Now that I think of it, I'm really wondering why he's a bully. We're always so gentle and soft in our home.
There are so many cute things about Ryan that I could go on at on but lets just say he is the baby of the family and very spoiled. We'll just leave it at that. Happy Birthday to my baby Ryan!
Wow...I can't believe how fast time flies! Are you ready for another one yet?? Hehe. I miss talking to you.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweetie! I love the story about you giving your kids each a bedtime song, and that he sings his with you... that's so cute! Your family is growing up fast, it is kinda sad.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see you next time we do our GNO!!