Saturday, February 8, 2014

New Beginnings

I'm in charge of New Beginnings in our ward.  I have got to say, it is A LOT of work. I obsessed over it for two months!  But it turned out so great.  I have to post my pictures just to make myself feel better for all of the work that I put in!  I have 12 Beehives with me right now, and 4 more coming in this year, so I had a lot of helpers.  The theme that the girls chose was "Follow the Yellow Brick Road and Come Unto Christ."




They were each in charge of a table that represented a value and something from the Wizard of Oz.  For example, white/tornadoes/faith, red/individual worth/ruby slipper.  They decorated their table and then each gave a little blip about how their table relates to their value.  I was so very, very proud of them.  We had an activity the week before where they helped make some of the decorations.  They even helped the advisor and I make some of the handouts that were in a basket at each table.



It was a great night!  The new Beehives were thrilled to get to feel so important, and the current Beehives were so proud of what they had put together.  I absolutely love getting to work with Beehives. They are so excited to participate in all of the activities and are my greatest friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment