Tony just got a new job with Comp Health in November and is still in what they call "boot camp" training. He will be done in another 3 weeks though so we look forward to things being a little less stressful. He likes his job though so that's what matters. After being unemployed for almost 3 1/2 months, we're just happy to have a paycheck. This picture was taken in Central Park when Tony and I went on our very first big getaway. It was the greatest trip ever. Our 10th anniversary is coming up in April and we hope to get to do a big fling then too.
I'm still doing the same thing I've always done. I cook, clean, help with homework, and play with kids all day. Really I'm doing the things I used to dream about when I was little. You know how you imagine your life is going to be when you grow up. I'm there. Right now. I feel so blessed. I'm not doing anything exciting that will make other people wish they could do what I did that day, but I'm doing what really makes a difference to these four most perfect spirits ever put on earth.
Jace is my angel. He is going to turn eight in two weeks and will be baptized next month. He is an amazing son. I can't imaging what he is going to be like when he is older. He is incredibly soft hearted and responsible. If I ever need help, he will do it. Jace watches Ryan for me while I have to vacuum or do something upstairs. He can also get breakfast out for all of the kids, shovel the snow, he vacuums, dusts, does the garbages, and anything else I ask him to do. When I ask him to do his chores, he just runs and hurrys to get it done...mostly because he loves to play with our next door neighbor who is only 5 days older than Jace. We're so lucky to have friends right next door. Now my kids get to do what I did growing up and just hop from house to house.
Erica fills our house with extra girlyness. Being the only daughter, she more than makes up for all of the wild crazy boyness. Tonight Erica and I are going on our first real girls night out. First she's coming with me to get my hair cut. Then we're going to the mall, shopping, and getting ice cream Every girls dream. Erica is extremely smart and loves loves loves to be the center of attention. She can sing like you wouldn't believe and has no problem singing for anyone that asks. I'll post a video some time. She shares a room with Ryan and brings him to me every morning. Some times when she wants me to sleep in on Saturdays or something, she'll even keep him in her room and just play with him because she wants to be nice. What a doll!!
Kent is awesome! He makes us laugh all day with the things he does. I have NEVER seen a kid with more energy. If anyone disagrees, you haven't met him yet. He is hillarious and somehow always manages to do the craziest and cutest things. We love him to bits. He is also extremely athletic. He has been able to dribble a big basketball, hit a ball with a bat almost every time, and throw perfectly, left handed of course, since he was exactly 2. We are excited to see what kinds of things he wants to participate in. Kent is always the kid that gets lost too. Whenever we go somewhere and I look around for my kids to make sure they're all there, Kent never is. So if I'm with people who know him and I say "Where's Kent" they instantly jump up and start looking because odds are he is far away doing whatever he pleases. The big goofball. :)
Ryan is our baby. He just turn 18 months last week and is finally walking as of this week. It's been nice though to get to enjoy him being a baby for little extra time. He is a very happy baby. He requires a lot of attention, but now that he is kind of walking, he should get a little more independent. Except that he especially loves to play on the stairs, so that keeps me pretty on edge. Ryan is adored by all of his brothers and sister, just like any baby of the family should be. But Daddy dotes on him the most. He is definately glued to him. When Tony walks in the door, Ryan immediately starts crying. No matter where he is. He'll cry until Tony will pick him up and then expects Tony to pretty much just hold him for the rest of the night. When I try to take Ryan from Tony, Ryan screams!! Not fair. But I guess he's just got a great daddy and he knows it.
Well thats an update on the fam. I'll keep you posted on anything else interesting and exciting that comes our way.
Yahoo!!! Great first post! Now you need to make a post of your new hair cut! I want to see!! Not that I won't see you anytime soon......
ReplyDelete