My baby boy turned 8 on Tuesday. He is now officially a cub scout. Jace was made to be a scout. He longs to be outside hiking, camping, finding animals and bugs, all those scout kind of things. Good thing his dad is good at that because so far it hasn't been my forte to help identify insects. Jace is also going to be baptized on February 6. I'm looking forward to it because of the great milestone it is, but at the same time, I really like having children that aren't accountable. That way when they mess up because I haven't taught them well enough, it's not so bad. But this is good. He's really excited to become a member of the church. It's so amazing what an understanding Jace already has of what the church is about. We have family home evenings and ask him a question and he'll give such insightful answers that is shocks us. It helps me remember my responsibility of helping to guide such an important spirit.
Jace also had his birthday party last Friday. That way the kids could stay later to be part of his movie party. It was so fun. We had pizza, ice cream cake (because Jace isn't a big fan of cake) and then went on an Alien hunt. The boys each got a pair of sunglasses and a cap gun so they could complete the men in black get-up. Then we searched for signs of alien life outside with flashlights. We used clues that led to glow in the dark alien stickers and finally found the aliens (the movie "Aliens in the Attic", candy, and caps for their guns). My biggest birthday success yet! Jace actually went to bed saying that was his best birthday party ever. Yes!! Mission accomplished. Pat myself on the back.
Carrie - I love your blog! I'm so glad you finally started one :)
ReplyDeleteYour kids are beautiful, and I happen to think your life looks very fun and exciting (especially since my life - not having kids yet - is so diffrent from yours right now.)
It was so great to see you last night - I'm really looking forward to our next GNO!!
Oh, and I love your hair cut :)
Sara
Carrie! Great blog! Your kids are darling and you are such a good mom. The birthday party sounds like it was really fun.
ReplyDeleteIt was SO fun to catch up with you last night!
You need to teach me how to get the last updated date along your friends list, I have been trying to figure that out forever.
I seriously can't believe you have an 8 year old. WOW and has he grown up fast.
ReplyDeleteI am so happy you finally got a blog. Hopefully we can all get together more like we said, but life happens so I am glad I can look at your blog and see what you have been up to.
I wish you lived even closer so Jace and Tyson could play together more. Tyson had a great time at the party and shot all of the caps from his cap gun that night! He thought the movie was so funny! I can't believe that Jace is 8 already! Great job on his party, you're amazing!
ReplyDelete